As a disclaimer: These photos were taken during a visit in September 2017, so this post may not be representative of this site today.
Sinebrychoff Art Museum
The Sinebrychoff Art Museum, also part of the Finnish National Gallery (which includes the Kiasma and the Ateneum), is responsible for holding its old European Art collections, ranging from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
The building was constructed in 1843 by Nikolai Sinebryukhov, a Russian businessman whose brewery, Sinebrychoff, operated on the premises until 1992 while the man himself lived on Suomenlinna.
His brother’s family lived in the house, and his nephew, Paul, began an art collection. After being appointed head of the company in 1904, he continued collecting objects with his wife, the actress Fanny Sinebrychoff, and in 1921, they donated it to the Finnish government. Though originally not kept in the house, the donated collection returned to it in 1959, and when the building opened as a museum in 1980, pieces from the Ateneum joined it.
The collection is comprised primarily of old European paintings, divided into 10 collections. It also contains prints, drawings, silverware, sculptures, clocks, and antique furniture.
About half of the building also serves as a historic house museum, preserving and displaying the 19th century estate of the Sinebrychoff family.